The LabVIEW PDA Module extends the LabVIEW graphical development environment to PDA devices so you can create PDA applications that run on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile devices. Use the PDA Module to build applications that run in the smaller memory space common to PDA devices. You can create portable solutions for a wide spectrum of applications, such as field test systems, remote control and monitoring systems, and portable data acquisition systems.
Complete the following steps to install the PDA Module.
- On Windows Vista/XP/2000, log in as an administrator or as a user with administrator privileges.
- Install LabVIEW 8.5.1, if not already installed. Refer to the LabVIEW Release Notes for standard LabVIEW installation instructions.
- Install the PDA Module.
The PDA Module includes Microsoft tools, such as Microsoft ActiveSync on Windows XP/2000 and ARM Windows Mobile emulators. Some of these Microsoft tools might interfere with any existing installations of Visual Studio, Windows Embedded, or Windows CE toolkits.
Note (Windows XP/2000) The PDA Module installs ActiveSync 4.2 if you do not already have ActiveSync 4.2 or later installed. The PDA Module works with ActiveSync 4.2 or later.
- Activate the PDA Module.
You must activate the PDA Module before you can build PDA VIs into PDA applications. The PDA Module runs in evaluation mode if you do not activate it. In evaluation mode, you can create PDA VIs, but any PDA applications you build run only for five minutes. You have the option of activating the PDA Module at the end of the installation. You also can use the NI License Manager, available by selecting Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI License Manager, to activate National Instruments products. Refer to the National Instruments License Manager Help, available by selecting Help»Contents in the National Instruments License Manager, for more information about activating NI products.
- Restart the computer when the installer completes.
- (Windows Vista) You must install Windows Mobile Device Center to use the PDA Module. Refer to the Microsoft Web site at www.microsoft.com to download Windows Mobile Device Center.
- Install the additional tools you need. Refer to the Installing Additional Tools section of the Getting Started with the LabVIEW PDA Module for Windows Mobile document for more information about the additional tools.
The LabVIEW PDA Module has the following requirements:
A desktop computer with Windows Vista/XP or Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.0 or later. LabVIEW 8.5.1 Base, Full, or Professional Edition. 2.5 GB available disk space. A PDA device running Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0.
Note For more information about PDA software requirements and supported devices, refer to KnowledgeBase 3ANADAKN: LabVIEW PDA Module Software Requirements and at